Left Bank Bordeaux Cup: HKUST Student Wine Team Recruitment 2022
Left Bank Bordeaux Cup (LBBC) is an international wine tasting competition for university students. Since 2013, a team of 3 students from HKUST has been competing against other universities in Hong Kong Round. The winning team will make a trip to France for the final competition against top-notch universities such as Oxford, Cambridge, UCLA, Harvard Business School, Yale Law School, some other 'Ivy League' universities, etc.
Being Hong Kong Round Champion in 2017 & 2018, the past teams represented Hong Kong in the final round held at Chateau Lafite-Rothschild in Bordeaux (France) and competed against other international teams. This year, the HKUST Wine Team participated in LBBC virtually and became Hong Kong Round Champion once again.
At the start of this new academic year, the HKUST Wine Team and HKUST Alumni Wine Association (AWA) would like to recruit participants for the upcoming LBBC competition. Please register to show your interest and whether you can attend the virtual information session via ZOOM.
Find out more about LBBC & HKUST Wine Team here.
Remarks and Disclaimer
(1) The info session is not a pre-requisite to join the student wine team.
(2) All participants must be 18 years old or above at the time of registration.
(3) All participants at wine training must be 18-30 years old and speak fluent Cantonese.
(4) Wine training sessions will be conducted in Cantonese, supplemented with wine terminologies in English/ French.
(5) Participants are required to show their photo ID indicating the date of birth for age verification at the first training session.
(6) Please be reminded to drink responsibly.
Please contact Jamie Wong (2019 team leader).
20:00 - 20:45
Online via Zoom